Installing presets in Lightroom on your Desktop, and Mobile devices are a great way to speed up your photo editing process. In this article, we’ll show you how to install Lightroom presets on both mac and windows in 2022.
If you have difficulty installing presets in Lightroom, you could have been confused by the various versions available. There may be several installation steps depending on the lightroom version. So check yours and select from these choices: Lightroom Classic version 7.2 and up, version 4.0 – 7.0, Lightroom 4, 5.0, & 8.0.
For CC version 7.0 or higher, first, download the preset files to your computer. Unzip the folder and navigate to Develop Presets in Lightroom. Right-click on User Presets and select Import. Locate the unzipped preset folder and select all presets inside to import them.
What are Adobe Lightroom Presets, and how do they work?
Lightroom Presets are pre-determined settings and adjustments that can be applied to photos in Lightroom. These presets allow photographers to quickly edit their photos with a specific look or style, saving time and creating consistency in their editing process.
Presets can be created by the user or purchased from other photographers and designers. They can be applied to individual photos or batches of images and can be tweaked and customized for each photo.
Using presets can streamline the editing process and provide inspiration for family and newborn photographers, but it is important to remember that presets should not be relied on as a replacement for personal creativity and experimentation in the editing process. Ultimately, it is up to the photographer to choose and adjust the preset that best suits their artistic vision for each photo.
Adding presets in Lightroom Classic version 7.3 or later)
Adobe Lightroom Classic is required to use the XMP preset format.
• The latest versions of Lightroom Classic are from mid-2018 and later.
• Version 7.3 or later of Adobe Lightroom Classic is needed to follow these instructions.
• For older versions of Lightroom Classic, see different instructions.
• To install Lightroom presets: extract the ZIP file, open Lightroom Classic, go to Develop module, click on the + icon at the top right of Presets section, select Import Presets from the dropdown menu, navigate to the folder with presets ZIP file(s), and click Import.
Open creative cloud and check for updates for your lightroom-classic application.
Adding presets in Lightroom 4,5, and 6
•Extract the ZIP file (desktop version) with the presets you downloaded after your purchase.
• Open Lightroom and click on Preferences and go to the Presets tab.
• Click on the button Show Lightroom Presets Folder.
• Double-click on the Lightroom folder, then double-click on Develop Presets folder.
-Navigate to the folder ‘Lightroom 4-6 and Classic CC before Apr 2018 (.lrtemplate)’ and copy the folder(s) ‘Northlandscapes – PRODUCT’ into the Develop Presets folder.
• Restart Lightroom, and you‘re done!
Adding presets in Lightroom CC
•After purchasing presets, extract the ZIP file (desktop version)
•Open Lightroom CC and click on the edit icon (three sliders with circles)
•At the bottom of the screen, click Presets button
• In Presets panel, click the icon of three dots ••• and select Import Presets from the dropdown menu
• Navigate to correct folder, select presets ZIP file(s), and click Import
In Lightroom mobile
You have two ways to install lights in an Android smartphone application. Method 1 will provide a very good starting point as it will help you run the most effective set. You should try the other method if you’re not on Adobe Creative Cloud. First, you must install the Presets on Lightroom Desktop. Please see below. You should use Lightroom CC instead of Lightroom Classic. After installing the presets, you are automatically synchronized through the cloud on mobile devices. This guide gives an overview of all the steps. 2nd step
•Method 1 for installing Lightroom presets: install them on your computer, and they will automatically sync to your mobile device.
• Method 2 for installing Lightroom presets: follow the installation process instructions below. This method is time-consuming on iOS devices.
Lightroom Mobile app (Android)
•Download the ZIP file starting with “mobile-presets_android…” after your purchase.
• Open the Lightroom application on your phone and select an image from your library, and press to open it.
• Slide the toolbar to the bottom to the right and press the “Presets” tab. Press the three dots to open
the menu and select “Import Presets.”
• Your file explorer appears on the screen. Navigate to the folder on your phone where you downloaded
the ZIP file and press ZIP file to import presets. (If you cannot import ZIP directly, use the Lightroom app on your phone to extract the contents of ZIP first.)
Mobile app (iPhone / iOS 13)
•Download the ZIP file starting with “mobile-presets-iphone…” after your purchase.
• Once the download is complete, open the “Files” app on your phone and press on the downloaded file to extract its contents to a ZIP folder.
• Open the free Lightroom Mobile app and click “+” to create a new folder. Name it “Presets” and open it. Press “Create New Album,” then name it after the downloaded presets plus “DNG.”
• Open the album and press “Add.” Navigate to extracted presets folder, select all DNG files, then choose “Open.”
• Select the first image and press the icon with three dots to open the menu > select “Create Preset” > name preset after corresponding pack > under “Preset Group” select “Create New Preset Group” > name group after pack> uncheck certain options under various tabs> press tick to create the preset.
Is there any alternative software for Lightroom?
There are several options, including Adobe Photoshop and Capture One Pro. However, it is important to consider that Lightroom offers a comprehensive set of tools specifically for organizing and editing photos, while Photoshop and Capture One Pro may have different focuses or specialties. It ultimately depends on what specific features and functions you are looking for in your software. There are also free and open-source options, such as Darktable and RawTherapee.
Installing Lightroom presets is a great way to enhance your editing process and add unique touches to your photos. However, finding the right presets for you may take some trial and error, as well as experimentation with different software options. Ultimately, finding a workflow that works best for you and your creative vision is important.